Monday, October 19, 2009

FROM JOHN DENVER TO U2


















When did Grant stop singing "Mother Nature's Son" and start singing "Stuck in a Moment?" Somewhere along the way, his dad won him over to become a U2 fan! Actually, I'm one too. I must admit. And after MONTHS of waiting, Eric and Grant went to the U2 concert last night in Norman, Oklahoma. They left at 3:00pm for the stadium because the anticipation was so great that leaving at 4:00 was unbearable! I told them, "Hey, if it was John Denver I would have left hours ago!" That was all they needed to hear so they put their shoes on and out the door they went. I got pictures from their IPhone of the stage when they arrived and pictures of Grant standing in his seat waiting for the music to start. I remember when I was 12. My Mom and Dad bought me tickets to go see John Denver in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. I was beside myself that day! (I could possibly be his biggest fan and I say this shamelessly!) I rarely said a word in school and once, when I got in trouble for talking in class, my mother PRAISED me! The day of the John Denver concert - well - I don't remember what I did but I wasn't allow to go out on the playground for recess that day. I distinctly remembered not caring one little bit! I knew how Grant felt yesterday. I knew he would remember the biggest "guys night out" with his dad his whole life. It was a big day. His first concert and with a world-wide known band. Bono did not disappoint. I heard Grant tossing and turning in his bed unable to get the excitement of the music and the concert out of his head long into the night. Sweet memories were made with a great dad. It was a night to remember!

In Eric's truck, Bono sings away. In mine, John Denver. Yep, Grant is exposed to a WIDE variety of music!

No comments:

Post a Comment