Friday, January 29, 2010

I Had a Dream...

In the early morning hours right before the sun came up behind the heavy veil of clouds this morning, I had a dream about my mom. We were sitting out back in my old metal chairs on the deck. We were laughing and smiling. I was enjoying her company. She told me to get the cushions for the chairs out this spring and to plant my flower garden out front. In those moments, there was no pancreatic cancer, no chemo, no hospitals. I touched her hand. She was there. She was real. "Mom, when I wake up, you'll be gone." She just smiled. I did wake up and she was no longer there. But I've been with my mom today. And this spring, when Wal-Mart gets their flowers in, I'm going to plant my flower garden...like I used to.

5 comments:

  1. staci, that's so beautiful. i'm so glad God gave you that special moment with your mom. love you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci..Thanks to God you had a wonderful mother that made you a wonderful person. Hugs! Blessings for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, just beautiful. What I am shaking my head about it that I was thinking of your and your mom a couple of days ago. First time I've done that. I don't know what all this means, but I do take it serious that you have been graced and gifted with the love and presence and touch of your mom today. What a gift, a wonderful gift.

    Kay H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Staci. What a sweet gift.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a gift from God. And all day long I felt like I had just come home from a visit with her.

    ReplyDelete