Thursday, June 24, 2010

CHILDREN OF THE WORLD - A FEW OF MY FAVORITE PICTURES

I realized that I don't take pictures of American children. I think it would be kinda weird in a way. But I do take hundreds of pictures of children overseas. Their little faces just move me - sometimes to tears. These photographs are the souvenirs of my trips. When I get home I'll scroll through them over and over. I can remember each face and where I took their picture believe it or not - even if I took them several years ago. I rarely forget a child and where I took their picture. So here are some of my favorites. If I had the money, I'd have each one printed and framed and put up on my wall. They are why I go overseas. They are why I have slept in hot beds full of ants, gone to the bathroom in stinky squatty potties where my shoes stuck to the floor, lost sleep for 29 hours at a time traveling and sat at dinner tables with intestines, chicken feet and heads and dog meat on the menu. None of it matters...at all. These children need Hope. They need to know of the love of God. They need the unwavering acceptance and grace that Jesus gives. When I board a plane to go overseas, my camera disks are empty and I have up to 4,500 image capacity available to shoot. I'm ready to meet them and know them. What a joy it is to travel this earth and see God's children.







1 comment: