Sunday, March 7, 2010

THE ADVENTURES OF CROCKPOT GIRL!

I can't cook. I don't want to cook. Actually, I'd rather scrub our toilets than cook! But I live with three men. And it's just me - one girl. And we all know that somehow, or at least the majority of the time, the guys you live with think because you're the girl your supposed to cook - like every day! This just floors me. No, they don't ask me to cook but their big, watery, hungry eyes plead to me to at least do a little something! What am I to do? Oven doesn't cooperate. When I put it on 350F it soars to 425F and burns everything to a crisp! Stove...well...that's not much better. It tends to want to boil over the stuff I put in pans. And then it dawned on me. . . the crockpot! I haven't tried the crockpot! I found it in the back of Mom's pantry covered in dust. I washed it off and plugged it into the wall and it still works! Now, what to put in it? I began asking my friends for suggestions and a theme developed. With the majority of things you can put in a crockpot one item stood out and shined above them all. Cream of mushroom soup! You can put all kinds of meat in a crockpot and if you cover it with mushroom soup - Walla! Instant joy at the dinner table! So I've had two adventures so far - chicken and rice with cream of mushroom soup and I shoved a roast down into it one night last week. Literally shoved it down in there. It wouldn't fit! There are three guys in my house. No wimpy roast will suffice here. But you know, it cooked up just perfectly! Now the rice turned out to be a gluttonous goo but they all loved it anyway! They want the gooey chicken again! And the roast and tattas come out great as well! So if you have any suggestions for Crockpot Girl let me know. I think I've found my friend in the kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. check out this blog...
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

    Enjoy~
    Kelly Ü

    ReplyDelete