Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm on my way to Van Buren today to celebrate my grandmother's 92nd birthday. I remember when she was 55... We were standing in front of a forsythia bush having our Easter pictures made. I don't know why I asked her, I was six at the time, but I wanted to know how old she was. She told me 55. Now she just turned 92. Suddenly it's 37 years later. Where DID all that time go? We used to camp (no electricity - it was for whimps) down at Denby Point on Lake Ouachita. We canned green beans at the farm under the cedar trees. We had big flocked trees at Christmas time at the house on Tilles Avenue. We did all kinds of stuff. It's so strange how times change. Well...all that doesn't really matter now does it? But a tea party for my grandmother does. It's today at 1:00. I'm on my way... Happy Birthday Grandmother!

No comments:

Post a Comment